Monday 3 September 2012

Typical! Popular blonde wanting the new boy... oh wait! He's a vampire, it's all good guys!


The Awakening;
Elena Gilbert is used to getting what she wants and she wants mysterious new boy, Stefan. But Stefan is hiding a deadly secret – a secret that will change Elena’s life forever.
The Struggle;
Elena is torn between her boyfriend, Stefan, and his brother, Damon. But these brothers hide dark secrets and a tragic past that threatens them all. Damon wants to lead Elena astray – and he’d rather kill Stefan than let him possess her...

 

Now, I know you guys are probably going to be like “OMG, another set of Vampire books? Really? Have you nothing better to do with your life?” my answer my dears, is no. I have NOTHING better to do than read books on vampires, well, this is much, much better than Twilight, because in my opinion, NO real man sparkles! Unless of course you live in Stephanie Meyers fantasy of a clumsy teenager winning the hearts of not one, but two mythical creatures.
ANYWHO!! The Vampire Diaries is a really good series of books, which I would recommend to anyone within reason, e.g. you like blood, gore, and romance. Now, I’ve read the series more than once (as I said, no social life :P) The Awakening and The Struggle is the first two books of The Vampire Diaries mashed together. It follows the school life of Miss Popular, Elena Gilbert. Well, what can I say, pretty, blonde, smart, has a group of people trailing behind her, it’s the typical stereotype of the perfect American teenager!! This is what we think at the beginning of the novel, when the Salvatore brother’s first move to Fell’s Church, but of course, it changes rapidly. What? How does it change? you may ask in awe, well, firstly, Elena ditches her boyfriend, Matt. Secondly, she has all of her friends hunt down vital information on tall, dark, and handsome. Thirdly, after getting tall, dark and handsome, she has a running with his brother, not so tall, twice as dark, and scary. Now, after this running, things just flop in my opinion, I found myself skipping pages to get to the juicy bits! Which she writes AMAZINGLY may I add. Anywhoo, there’s murder, accusation, and death. DEATH??? Yes, death. Elena, on their little celebration day, dies!! But because she has drunk from both Stefan and Damon, she has enough vampire blood within her veins to “revive” herself.
I found this book amazing, well... the juicy bits, and the sweet bits. So, I STRONGLY recommend you read it, or I will just spam you the book title :P

 

 


 

Keep reading my little Booklings!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment