Friday 29 June 2012

Real Men Don't Glitter


When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain kin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.
What Bella doesn't realize is that the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And it might be too late to turn back...


I know a lot of you have probably read the Twilight Saga, or probably met one of the thousands of Team Edwards or Team Jacobs. I also know what it is like to have been UTTERLY obsessed with the books; however, I have grown out of them. And although I could hate the books with an icy vengeance, I still adore the way Stephanie has written them.
Firstly, let’s look at the first instalment of the Saga. Twilight, after reading it countless times, does become quite boring, although, when left for a while, it is actually fast paced, with possible danger at every turn. I love how it shows how daunting arriving at a new school where you know no one. I do also like the fact that she is quite clumsy and, as a “petty” human being, le vampire boyfriend must swoop to her rescue when the sadistic tracker leads her into a ballet studio.
I know there is a lot of prejudice hovering around these books, but seriously, they are well written and structured, and they’re a great romance novel for those who do like the little bit of romance. SO! I would ask all of you who say “Twilight SUCKS!!” to just sit down and read it, I know it seems something to fan girl over, but honestly, it’s an amazing read.



Keep reading my little Booklings!!!!

1 comment: